12.30.2014


The holiday season is coming to a close but it is not over yet.  I am late posting my seasonal card but it was not late getting out.  In fact, I met my deadline on a client card as well, despite my hand injury.  I started designing both images in October and had completed the client project just prior to an early November trip. You can take that statement two ways and both would be correct.  I had a great week-long vacation hiking in Big Bend National Park only to trip and fall the day I returned. 

True to our tradition, my family card included a bike image.  The commissioned illustration, a Mini Cooper pulled by the clients' six dogs, was even more fun to do.  My hand is currently sporting a cast and drawing pencils are down for now.  Accidents happen and I am glad I worked ahead of schedule.  This has been a hard lesson but I will remember it into the New Year and beyond. 

Wishing all a successful and wiser 2015.
 

1 comment:

  1. Both beautifully drawn and designed, like always. Spectacular job on the dogs and love the strong woman. The sparkly snowflakes are a nice addition, too. (BTW, also love the kids' snowpeople cards with yarn.) Wishing you a quick recovery and a safe 2015!

    ReplyDelete